Looking for a Quantity Surveying job in New Zealand?
For many years Quantity Surveying has been on the New Zealand skill shortage list.
Whilst the number of jobs available may have declined as a result of COVID-19, New Zealand's Construction Industry remains buoyant in many areas of the country, largely because of the early lockdown to prevent COVID-19 spreading rapidly.
For many though outside of the country you may be wondering how best to tackle seeking a role in a new country during a pandemic. Well - it's not easy, but as a person who choose New Zealand as my new home a decade ago and built a good business around the core services of Quantity Surveying, I am well placed to be able to help and advise you on what you can expect as well as being able to connect you with real time opportunities from within New Zealand.
We have very good connections with multiple opportunities and sometimes roles that are not even advertised.
We are not immigration advisors, but can connect you with one as part of our service.
Our service is a one stop shop for your journey of seeking a new role which includes support and assistance in country should you secure your perfect job.
Various packages are available:
1. Ultimate - You will join Aotearoa Quantity Surveying responsible for a specified region of the country which you would need to reside in. You will be responsible for the business with our assistance to build your business via our brand and business opportunities. Please note this option is only for experienced individual with suitable experience. You will essentially purchase a franchise so have the ability to run your own business but with the core business behind you. This is a very unique opportunity which has developed due to our strategic plan to operate in all areas of New Zealand within the next 5-7 years. Costs for this service depends on the territory required. An initial non refundable deposit is required of $1,000 NZD to cover the costs associated with processing the requirements. If you receive an eligibility to work in New Zealand, a lump sum payment for the franchise is payable upon start up once you are in Country. There are then commissions payable on all works processed at 10% of all paid values to cover the costs of head office support and the continuance of the brand development to ensure your business remains at the cutting edge of QS Services in New Zealand. Click here for more info.
2. One on One consultancy with you to optimise your CV and provide you with the correct opportunities to match your experience and assist you in preparing your application, including guiding you on applying for an NZIQS membership. We will also provide learning material to cover the basics of how the NZ Construction Industry works so that you can be well prepared when you secure an interview. Click here for more info.
3. CV Optimisation - the entry level of our service, click here for more information.
4. Members Area - For a monthly fee you will be able to see the current jobs we have identified as requiring candidates in New Zealand as well as view materials relevant to New Zealand Construction. This includes tutorials, training material, tips and tricks, construction methodology relevant to NZ, reviews and how to's and many more. Cancel anytime. Click here for more information.
5. Job Seekers Package - Middle East | Looking for a new role? If you are a construction professional and want a better way to seek a new placement- Click here
WE WILL BE HOLDING AN ONLINE SESSION ABOUT NEW ZEALAND, ITS CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY AND WHAT ITS LIKE TO LIKE AND WORK HERE. LIMITED NUMBERS REGISTER NOW AT OUR REDUCED PRICE OF $200 USD - REGISTER NOW
Please also note that we offer no guarantees of employment in New Zealand, a large part revolves around your experience and overall commitment to relocating. The current requirements to be eligible for a work visa for Quantity Surveying are:
One of the following: -
A bachelor's degree at NZQF Level 7, or a higher qualification with the minimum equivalent of 360 credits, which includes the requirements of a New Zealand major in quantity surveying or construction economics
Student or Affiliate Membership, or MNZIQS, of the New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (with an overseas degree approved by NZIQS)
AND a minimum of three years’ relevant post-qualification work experience